This is kind of a long post, just a warning....
After a little stress and a some disappointment for Tanner, we finally know where he is going, when, and who will be his Teacher.
Tanner is old enough to start his journey through school. I still cannot believe it. We had him all registered in Meridian before we moved. When I contacted the Kuna school and they wouldn't even talk to me about school. All they would tell me was, "There is a mass registration for new students on August 6th, from 1-7...". On the Kuna school website I learned that school starts over an hour earlier here than it did in Meridian. That being the case Tanner needed to be put on the afternoon class schedule, because Clayton has preschool on Tues and Thur mornings. Last time I checked it is kinda hard to be two places at once. :)
I went to the mass registration and requested afternoon. I was told the school behind our house was full, and he may or may not be in that school. Tanner seemed to do ok with that info. When I called the following week they told me he was in the school behind our house, and that they would be posting class lists on the 15th (last Friday). We would finally learn if he was going to be in the afternoon and which teacher.
Tanner went over there with daddy and called back, "His name isn't on the list!". After a lot of phone calls, I found out it was by accident but they didn't know what class yet because the person wasn't there that makes that decision. I learned about 45 minutes later that Tanner took it really hard.
I took him school shopping that afternoon, not a good idea after a big disappointment! I asked if he was excited about school and in a very very sad voice he said, "No. I was but my name wasn't on the list."! The way he said it made my heart break for him. I told him his name was on the lists in the school and we all make mistakes and that seemed to help, but shopping didn't. He wasn't excited about any of it anymore. So he didn't cooperate very well.
Well I called this morning and they told me he is in the afternoon and (even though I didn't request it) he got the teacher so many people in my ward love. I am way excited and now he has a smile on his face about school! YEA!
5 comments:
I'm really glad it all worked out, but how lame was that! Poor Tanner. At least now he's excited again and has a good teacher. I still can't believe he's old enough. There's no way that much time has passed! Crazy!
Yeah for Tanner. I am glad things worked out for the better. I can't believe you have a kindergardner...that's nuts. Good luck with the first day of school.
Oh my GOSH Debbie, I can NOT believe that Tanner is old enough for Kindergarten all ready!! :~)
So glad that it all worked out in the end...like it always does.
How stressful at first to not find his name on the list! I'm so glad it all worked out, and that Tanner can get excited about school now. I need to call you so we can catch up on everything!
He is going to love kindergarten. At least he is only half day Colby was full day and that was such an adjustment for me and Tate.
Post a Comment