We have had a very eventful November. We have been thinking about adding a shower to our half bath for several months, right now it would be for the Elders to live here. We finally got started on Nov. 4th, and we finished on Nov. 20th. We had the Missionaries move in on the 20th. The Lord has blessed us so much throughout this process! Plus we were able to learn a lot!

This is the sliding glass door that was in the bedroom before we moved it to the kitchen.

This is the Bathroom before.

This is the door that was in the kitchen, we moved it into the bedroom.

This is the rough in of the sliding glass door in the kitchen before we cleaned it up.

The shower we added. I found this on Craigslist and we got it for $550 less than it would of cost us to buy one in the store! Again the Lord blessed us so much in this process!

Mid-project view of the bedroom. Like the color samples on the wall?

I think I inhaled a few too many fumes! :)

The bedroom side of the shower after sheet rock, mud, and texture. I learned that I never want to do this myself!! I will always hire someone else for this part!

My sister Michelle and I covering up the awful maroon-ish color that was in this room! This was my favorite part at first! After 2 coats of primer and 2 coats of paint on every wall in this room, I had had enough!!

I do love the colors though! We did the shower wall in the bedroom a charcoal gray, and then a green color on the other walls. I love the contrast!

The beautiful tile in the bathroom! We learned how to tile! I was so excited about this!! Thanks Tyson!!

After all the painting was finished, now onto the baseboards and trim!


We also learned how to grout!

This was my favorite pick of everything for this project! I love this tile for the back splash! Isn't it just amazing?

The shower mid project.

We added all of the shelving ourselves. That was fun also!

A friend of mine painted this tree for me, I think it adds some great character to the space!

Shower complete and moved into.

The bathroom all put back together!


We forgot to take final finished product pictures before the Elders moved in, so this is the best we got.
I am so very grateful this was accomplished so quickly! Thanks to all who helped. I am so grateful to a loving Heavenly Father who guided us, and helped us along.
5 comments:
It's awesome!
Debbie, you are incredible. So glad it all worked out!
Wow...you guys are so adventurous to take all that on...it looks great! Glad you got it all finished so quickly :)
Looks great Debbie. That is awesome that you are housing the missionaries. What a great thing for your boys to see.
Sorry it took me so long to see these pictures but what a great job. You two do good work.
Post a Comment