Sunday, March 6, 2011

Party Time

Classic Austin. This is the cast he was wearing after his surgery. Although he had a pretty miserable month, the rest of us had a lot of fun.

Someone turned 30. Debbie says she had a great birthday. Since she didn't have to fix a meal or change a diaper on her birthday I would say she is right.

Clayton's monster truck cake. The tires were scary, they were donuts covered in frosting and Heath bar chunks. Only the brave could handle that much sweetness.

Kick the tires and Light the fires!

Before Debbie's birthday. We celebrated Clayton's birthday. He turned 6 this year and requested a Monster Truck birthday. We had a great time with family and Clayton's two best friends who surprised him. He had a great night and a happy birthday.


I took the boys on a little field trip to the Birds of Prey center. They really liked the bald eagle.

They got to make paper bird heads and then check their wingspans against some other large birds.

To end Debbie's birthday, she took us all to Monkey Bizness, an indoor playground. Here is our smallest monkey finally in his cage.



Clayton is very competitive and loves to win. This gets him in trouble at home when he tries to beat his brothers at everything. His drive also helped him climb the rock wall. At first he did not want to try the wall, but I said he could have dessert at home only if he tried the wall. He agreed and tried climbing it. His feet made it about 5 feet off the ground before he gave up and came down. A little while later he tried again and made it a little further, he also saw another kid who had a blue ribbon on his shirt. Clayton thought that came from climbing the wall. There was also a girl from his preschool class last year who was climbing the wall. When I saw she had climbed higher than him, I teased him and said "Look how high she got." Before I could tell Debbie that I had teased him, his shoes were on and he was in line to climb the wall. This time he didn't stop until he hit the top. He was proud of his accomplishment, but sad that there wasn't a blue ribbon for climbing the wall.


Tanner's favorite part of the night was sliding down this big slide which was really fast. He also tried the rock wall to get dessert, but did not feel like climbing to the top.


Even with his splint, Austin had a lot of fun and also enjoyed the huge slide.







1 comment:

Mary said...

Fun, fun, fun! You guys really know how to do it! ( I might have to steal that monster truch cake, very cool)