Tanner has had a very busy April and May. It all started off with a couple loose teeth. Unfortunately his new tooth started coming in behind his baby teeth, so we had his first teeth pulled.

We then celebrated his eighth birthday with a few of his friends. They had a great time and Tanner had a happy birthday.


We signed up Tanner and Clayton for baseball this year, and on the application they ask how the parents will volunteer. We put down that I would be an assistant coach. To our surprise, they assigned me to be the head coach for their team. I was worried at first, but we ended up having a lot of fun.

The best part of Tanner's birthday was that he chose to get baptized and I got to baptize him. Our family sang as part of the program and we enjoyed a lot of support from our family and friends. It was a great experience for all of us.


Tanner also started with Cub Scouts and led the flag ceremony during his pack meeting.

Finally, Tanner worked on and memorized two songs for a spring piano recital. He played them well and did not seem too nervous.

With Tanner turning eight, Debbie and I can't believe how quickly the time has gone by since he was a little baby. He is such a smart boy and loves to read. He plows through books and gets wrapped into them. He is also pushing his independence which can be frustrating at times, but overall he is a great boy and we love having him in our family.
2 comments:
Wow! I can't believe he's 8 already. Congrats on the baptism too. Wish we lived closer so we could help celebrate.
What a great thing to look at even if it is 3 weeks old. I have not been on the blogs for several months. You are all doing a great job. All the boys are good boys they just don't know it yet. We love you all.
Post a Comment