Sunday, May 31, 2015

Tanner's hike trip

A couple of weeks ago I (Tanner) went on a hike trip with 19 other 6th graders. The reason I went was because I was one of 40 some students to qualify for a raft trip or a hike trip. To qualify you had to have no missing work, no F's, and never have gone to the principles office. The hike trip was at a place called Celebration park. We would be given a guided tour through some of the trails. On the way we would collect water samples and test them for PH. Early along one of our guides found a bull snake in a bush and caught it. We all got to see it and touch it. Now don't worry it was not poisonous. Our next stop was by some native flowers. I forgot to add that there was lots of cheat grass around. Another one of our stops was by a rock with a petroglyph. Not to far from the petroglyph was the remains of a stone shack. Part of some of the walls were still intact and it looked really cool. Our next stop was at another shacks remains. It had belonged to a Doctor, I can't remember what his name was.  When we stopped there we tested the water by his house since it was right next to the river. One of our guides talked about the doctor. After that I was in the front of the group when the stragglers that were behind the rest of the group suddenly stopped. The front of the group stopped, wondering why the others had stopped. We finally found out that they had found a snake eating another snake. A couple of us, including me, started running back to the other part of the group. The snake looked really cool. It had eaten the head first so only the tail was sticking out of the mouth. The next thing we did was take a water sample at a lake next to the trail we were on. The rest of the trip was people being really happy about seeing the busses in the distance parking lot. After we got back we sat on the docks and watched the rafters come down the river to the docks where we were. When we all got on the bus I took my shoes and socks off and cleaned them out. I threw the cheat grass out the open window while we were on our way back to the school. THE END

2 comments:

Tom and Annette said...

Too bad you didn't have your camera, that would have been a pretty
interesting picture of a snake eating a snake. I bet your
glad school is almost over for the year.

Annette said...

Thanks for sharing Tanner! That sounds like a pretty fun way to spend a schools day! Keep up the Good Work!