My return flight was scheduled to leave Toronto at 8:15 am and arrive in Boise around 1pm. When we arrived in Toronto on Monday, the airport PA system reminded all passengers to arrive 3 hours early for their departing flights in order to clear immigration before getting on the plane. This meant we had to leave the hotel at 4:30 to make it to the airport by 5:15 and by 4:30 I mean 2:30am mountain time.
We stayed on schedule and got to the airport around 5, through check in, immigration, and security, and still had 1 1/2 hours to spare so maybe we were too early. But that is much better than too late. Anyways, when I landed in Denver and talked to Debbie we decided that we would change from Fathers and sons with our ward to Fathers and sons at home. Our ward's activity was about 2 1/2 hours away so it would have been a little intense for me to land, pack up, and drive into he mountains for a couple hours. The boys were also excited about the idea, so we got some candy, pop, licorice straws, grilled hot dogs over the fire, watched a movie, and slept in the tent in the back yard. In the morning we went to the bike park for a little BMX. It was a lot of fun and a great time together.
The fortune I got from Panda in Oshawa, I thought it was fitting to get that a few thousand miles away from home.
Oshawa is where we actually worked, and it is on Lake Ontario. It took a couple failed attempts to find the lake but we made it eventually
I put together this little movie to show their great biking skills
No comments:
Post a Comment