Friday, October 17, 2008

Blocks and Pumkin patch

Jeremy and I put together this lovely play table, or call it what you like. We took an old counter top and put 2x4 legs on it and carpeted the edges to make it a little more safe around the edges. :) Today we cleaned the toy room and played blocks on it! I knew they would enjoy it but I had no idea it would entertain them for over and hour. Even Austin played in there for the most part of the time. They even let me build some really tall towers and they would take turns knocking them down. They love their toy room and we are very grateful to have enough room for one!




PUMPKIN PATCH
Claytons preschool class went to the pumkin patch on Tuesday for the monthly feild trip. Austin and I were able to go with them. It was a lot of fun for Austin and the preschoolers. They got to play in a strawbail maze, and ride a hay ride around to see the animals. They had a camel, a zebra, some sheep and goats, a pony and some horses, a donkey and a llama. Then we all went and picked out our pumkins.




6 comments:

paulak said...

That is such a great idea for a toy room, little table. Love it.

Mary said...

That's a great idea and looks like it worked really well. It's amazing to me how much kids can do when they have the opportunity, Something as "simple" as making something their hieght or size.
Isn't the petting zoo great? I really liked the Brauma Bull.

Jeremy and Debbie said...

We didn't get to pet he animals, but we had fun looking at them!

Teri said...

I am so gonna do that, my boys would love to have something like that.

Jenny said...

The pumpkin patch looks like a lot of fun. I'm excited for Callie to be old enough to appreciate festivities (not that I want her to grow up faster than she already is). The playroom project looks like it was a success. I'm impressed you guys are so crafty! Thanks for the tag and I would totally love to do it (I never turn down a good tag!) but someone tagged me back in July with that same tag. But I did enjoy reading what you wrote!

JoJo said...

Great table idea. This is Jo from the ward by the way... bet you're dying to know how I found ya!